Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday Morning

It's Monday morning again.  Soren is in the back yard building a chicken coop.  I am sure my neighbors are horrified that we live in this neighborhood.  I guess God has a plan for them to be sanctified by our messiness.

The B girls had a great meet this weekend.  They somehow were given the go ahead to compete at the varsity meet.  They scored more than 20 points for the team, so I can understand why the coach would want them there.  Bronwyn won the high jump with a jump of 4'6".  Madie was only slightly nervous.  Brook did not have a strong jumping day.  She scratched all but two jumps in long jump, but still made it into the top 8.  She did very well in her 800, and even impressed her college coach.  It was a fun meet to watch.  The girls are obviously enjoying this season with a new team.

We have been talking with the kids about internet use.  I am really torn.  The iDevices are slick and seductive and powerful.  They are also really hard to monitor for parents.  We talked with the kids about boundaries and how dangerous social media sites can be.  I think they think we are paranoid, and really I am, but I hope they will be wise in how they use their time on the internet.  We have instituted some new rules, that they are irked about, but I need to have a little bit of peace at night.  If you have youngsters asking about iPods, my advice is to put it off as long as humanly possible.  It is a lot more power than these young people need to have access to regularly.

No comments: