Monday, August 2, 2010

Running Update

"Hey everyone, it's Madie. I am half way through my training, which means race day is only a month from now. I have raised $220, and I am very grateful to the people who donated and are supporting me in this run. Thank you!

I am running this race because I want to help kids in Ethiopia who don't have lots of the things they need to live. I have not been to Ethiopia, but I have two adopted siblings that I love very much, and it makes me sad to know that there are many sweet children just like them who don't have homes or family to love them.  While doing my 10 mile run the other day I kept telling myself the goal is to finish without stopping. And then I realized that we often set goals for ourselves, and we think about our future. But these kids don't really worry about what college they are going to or what they want to be when they grow up, they think of how they are going to get through this day.  Someday I hope to go to Ethiopia and actually give some of my time to these kids and help them in their schooling, so that they can set goals for themselves and become doctors or therapists or what ever they choose. My goal for this race is to raise money to help these kids so that they can have a brighter future. ~ Thanks, Madie"

If you would like to donate to Madie's run you may use the chip in link, or send a check to From HIV to Home, PO Box 19212, Denver, CO 80219, and let them know it is for Madison's run.  (If you are my mom or dad, hurry up and make a donation already, Mads is starting to think you don't care :) )

Editor's Note: I took the chip in link off, because I realized it was making collecting donations more difficult not less difficult.  I will make sure those of you who donated get receipts and that your money is added into the final count.  You can still donate through Network for Good, or just send in a check, or catch me in town with cash.  Thanks for the call Dad!

1 comment:

Andrea Hill said...

Oh Madie, I love you for what you are doing. I am very blessed to know you and love you very much. I am putting a little check in the mail tomorrow.